Holiday lettings in Carinthia, Austria
Holiday homes in Carinthia
Carinthia, Austria's southernmost province, lies embedded between the highest mountains of the Alps, the Großglockner, the Karawanken and the Tauern. Surrounded by the mountains, Carinthia is well-sheltered with an above average number of sunny days, making this the ideal location for self-catering Austria. Whether you are planning a family holiday, want to bring your dog with you, or if you are hiking or skiing amidst the fantastic scenery - Carinthia offers the right holiday experience for everyone and a holiday home or apartment in Austria always offers the perfect starting point for you.
Explore nature with villas in Austria
Enjoy the almost Mediterranean climate on Lake Wörth whilst self-catering in Austria. In winter, you can enchant snow-capped mountains, in summer the clear water, the blue sky and the sun. A part of Mörtschach lies in the national park Hohe Tauern, which awaits you with an incredibly beautiful nature with quiet mountain lakes and wild waterfalls.The fantastic nature is ideal for hiking, as well-marked hiking trails lead you through the beautiful landscape. In fact this environment lends itself incredibly well to active adventure holidays.Try canyoning, rafting, Nordic walking, paragliding, climbing or even horseback riding.
Carinthia: Landscape description
Carinthia is the most southerly state in Austria and is the only one completely south of the Alpine main ridge. Rent apartments in Austria and discover Carinthia is a country of mountains and lakes: 93 of its mountain peaks are over 3,000 metres high, the Grossglockner is the highest mountain in Austria with 3,798 metres, the approximately 1,270 lakes and other standing waters have drinking water quality. At 53 per cent, the forested share of the land area is also very high. Cities in Carinthia worth seeing are, among others, Klagenfurt, Villach, Velden and Wörth.
Holiday houses in Klagenfurt
Klagenfurt is situated on the east bay of the largest and warmest lake in Europe, Lake Wörth. The lake, with its drinking water quality, invites you to do many activities on and in the water. The clear and sunny winter days should be used for extensive walks through the 800-year-old renaissance city or through the beautiful surroundings of the Wörthersee. However, the event capital of Austria is always worth a visit in the spring and autumn, whether you are interested in Austrian culture or sporting activities or just want to relax.
Regional cuisine of Carinthia
Carinthia's menu is a bountiful spread of delicious Austrian cuisine. Expect comforting broths with amazing flavour - like the Klachelsuppe, made with pork, vegetables and a variety of herbs. Although meat and poultry is still a regional favourite, you also won't be able to resist fresh fish dishes sourced from the many lakes in Carinthia. Ravioli is also a popular dish with many fillings - from cheese and meat to mint. Those with a sweet tooth will be delighted to try local apple strudel, or Reindling - a cake made with cinnamon and raisins.
Things to do in Carinthia
Find here in Carinthia some of the best things to do in Austria:
- Amthofmuseum Feldkirchen
- Archaeological Park Magdalensberg
- Dom to Gurk
- Carantana Museum of Early Middle Ages
- Gailtaler Heimatmuseum Georg Essl Castle Möderndorf
- Carinthian Handwerksmuseum Baldramsdorf
- Celtic Museum Gracarca
- State Museum of Carinthia
- Museums at Strasbourg Castle
- Museum of the City of Villach
- Museum of Popular Culture Spittal an der Drau
- Museum of Modern Art of Carinthia
- Parish Church of Tiffen
- Roman Museum Teurnia / St. Peter in the wood
- Treasure House of Carinthia / St. Benedictine Abbey
- Views / Panorama / Places
- Goldeck Panoramastraße: The Goldeck Panoramastraße in Zlan-Stockenboi, with its magnificent view of the surrounding mountains and valleys, is one of Carinthia's most beautiful excursion routes. After 14.5 km with a max. A 10 per cent climb, you will reach the final parking lot of Seetal at an altitude of 1,900 meters, from where you can enjoy a wonderful walk and enjoy nature.
- Nockalmstraße: Unique is the original Mittelgebirgslandschaft with gentle peaks and endless alpine pastures, that was placed 1987 as a national park "Nockberge" under special protection. Built with the utmost care, the 35-km-long road winds through the green paradise, where you can learn more about the inquisitive visitor at several information points.
- Villacher Alpenstraße: The Villach Alpine Road offers a magnificent view of Carinthia over a length of 16.5 km, above all from its inviting view points. The dreamlike lake world around Villach charms the start, the higher parking lots offer a clear view of the southern mountain chains. And the little ones are especially happy about the playground at parking lot 1.
Service - Why NOVASOL?
At NOVASOL you get not only beautiful well-situated holiday homes and holiday apartments in Austria, but also good service and excellent quality. The same applies, of course, to Mörtschach in the state of Carinthia in Austria. NOVASOL's holiday lettings are characterised by their good value for money - From Salzburg accommodation to lodges in Tyrol. We check all our accommodation to ensure that our clients get what they want. We have accommodation of every kind, from simple comfort to extravagant luxury.