Things to do in Tuscany
Tuscany is undoubtedly one of the most popular tourist destinations for villas in Italy. Marvellous landscapes, enchanting cities and omnipresent culture sums up this holiday haven. Here you will find everything you possibly have dreamed about when planning your Italian holiday. Below is an overview of the main attractions and places of interest which will help you planning your holiday right from the start. Without a doubt these attractions on your self-catering Tuscany holiday will have you wanting to return!
Our Tuscan highlights whilst self-catering Italy
- Siena – Piazza del Campo – hosting the famous historic horse race Palio di Siena (twice a year: on 2nd and 16th of September)
- Pisa, the Leaning Tower and the Baptistery
- Florence; Calcio Storico (the historic football match played in costumes from the 16th century, which takes place between 24th and 28th of June)
- Arezzo, Giostra del Saracino – the medieval joust, where the main event is shooting to a Saracen carving from a crossbow (first Sunday of September)
- Pisa, the Regatta of the Ancient Maritime Republics, the friendly contest and historic regatta between the ancient Italian maritime republics (Amalfi, Genoa, Pisa and Venice)
- Viareggio 'Carnevale' - the most important historic carnival in Italy after the carnival in Venice. It is famous for its parade.
- Sansepolcro, Palio dei Balestrieri – the medieval crossbow tournament between the towns Gubbio and Sansepolcro, where citizens dress in traditional costumes and carry traditional armory (held on the last week of May)